Myles Associates Ltd. is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We collect personal information for a variety of reasons to provide the best service we can. This policy explains how we do this.
To explain briefly what this policy contains:
Who we are:
Myles Associates Ltd. is registered at Mitre House, North Park Road, Harrogate, HG1 5RX, UK. Our Company Registration Number is 05159624. We are a Data Controller, which means that we decide why and how your personal information is processed.
Collecting and using your personal information:
The reason we collect personal information is to either fulfil a contractual obligation, to respond to an individual’s request for information, or to respond to an individual’s request to join a mailing list or forum. We capture information when an individual visits our social media pages, through emails, our websites or when a customer logs into the SalesEASE platform. We aim to offer transparency around the use of your data and will only process personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws including the UK General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We rely on different legal reasons on which to send marketing information to you. Where the law permits, we send postal and email correspondence that we consider to be service-related communication, that will not unduly impact your rights. You can opt-out by either clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of our e-mails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take our data protection obligations seriously and where the law requires us to ask for your consent to send marketing by email, we will always do so.
Currently, we do not share your information with other partners or service providers and would always ask for permission before we do so.
We do not currently share any of your personal information outside the UK. We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest update will be shown on the website at www.salesease.io
Personal Information We May Collect from You
We receive personal information about you that you give to us and that we collect from your visits to our website and social media. We do not collect data from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Personal information that you give to us – online, social media and email:
We collect the following information if you choose to give it to us in connection with general enquiries, our social media pages, website, SALESEASE platform or when exercising your legal rights, corresponding with us by email or other means.
- Your name.
- Email address.
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit when using our site or social media pages.
- Information you give to us when you contact us with a query or issue.
- The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and reviews.
We may also collect:
- Your title.
- The company you work for.
- Your role.
- Your contact number.
- Postal address.
Automatically Collected Information
We may collect from the website, the SalesEASE platform and social media.
- The internet protocol (IP) address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the site;
- Details of your use of our site, namely, traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- The date and time you used our site;
- The pages you visited on our site and how long you visited us for;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details regarding when and how you consented or otherwise agreed to receive marketing communications from us (including the date you did so); and
- Cookie, pixels and beacon identification information.
- From automated technologies such as Cookies when you use our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We use legitimate interest as the lawful basis to process your personal information.
We may use and process your personal information using techniques such as analysis, evaluation, insight, customer surveys and others where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- To promote our brand.
- To send marketing information to you after presenting an opt-out option to you.
- Measure the reach of our marketing.
- Judge the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Enhance your customer experience.
- To operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively.
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities.
- To contact you via email with marketing information. For example, where you sign up to receive email newsletters or to join an online forum, by entering and submitting your email address.
- To respond to a request for information.
- To contact you to reconfirm your marketing preferences from time to time;
- When you access the SalesEASE platform.
Where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations such as:
- To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information; and
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
Where necessary to perform a contract with you, or take the pre-contract steps you’ve asked for
- We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you.
Remember at the time we first collect your details we will give you the option to opt-out and stop us from sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be repeated in every subsequent electronic marketing message to you. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us (or we ask you to reconfirm your preferences and you do not respond), we will keep your email address for three years to ensure that we comply with your wishes. After which it will be destroyed securely. Please see ‘The Periods for Which We Retain Your Personal Information’ below.
Where We Disclose Your Personal Information To Others
We do not currently share your personal information with third parties.
Transfers of your Personal Information outside Europe
We do not currently transfer personal information outside the UK.
Security and Links to other Websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our site and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information(dropdown)We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- We use Internet standard encryption technology to encode personal information that you send to us. To check that you are in a secure area of the site before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
- The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
- If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security.
The periods for which we retain your personal information
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information (e.g. to suppress marketing messages where you have opted out), otherwise to establish, bring or defend legal claims. We only retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and relevant statutory data retention periods that apply.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is processed. We process personal information in accordance with our Data Retention Period and relevant statutory data retention period that may apply.
The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information below);
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible;
- We archive the information, in which case we will delete securely it in accordance with our deletion cycles which are based on good industry practice; or
- You exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see further Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information below).
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances. To exercise these rights please contact us using the details at the end of this policy. Details of these rights are below.
To have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us in any of the details described at the end of this policy.
To object to processing of your personal information.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing your personal information for particular reasons, you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information; we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise, we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data. You may object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and we will automatically comply with your request. If you would like to do so, please use our unsubscribe tool.
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following situations:
- where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so,
- you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
In these situations, we may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted or we are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or if we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Where we need to process your personal information in connection with a contract in place directly with you, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, such as a CSV file. You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or if we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
You may also contest a decision made about you based purely on automated processing by contacting us using the information at the bottom of this policy.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy. This policy was last updated on 26 September 2023.
Contact and legal information
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by email or post:
Please email us at email@example.com
Myles Associates Ltd. company registration number is 05159624 and its registered office address is Mitre House, North Park Road, Harrogate, HG1 5RX, UK.